McKinleyville Art Night will be Friday, March 15, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Join the community’s
celebration of local art and artists for music, food and fun. You can find more information about the artists and venues and see additional images online at www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com. Below are the venues, artists and special events:
• Arcata-Eureka Airport – View artwork by Humboldt County artists at the long-term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association. The current exhibit features work by eight local female artists: Regina Case, Natalie Craig, Joan Gold, Linda Mitchell, Kathy O’Leary, Linda Parkinson, Lien Truong and Roberta Welty.
• Silver Lining, 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the Arcata-Eureka Airport) – Musical Guest: Joe Garceau from 7 to 10 p.m. Special Event: Arts Night After Party from 8-10 p.m. Get 10% off your entire bill if you mention McK Arts night! Take 50% off Selected Shirts by Good and Evil Twins
• McKinleyville High School, 1300 Murray Rd. in the Multipurpose Room – Mixed Media artwork by IB Students: “Vernissage: Portfolio Projects”. With art work by Higher Level Students John Guffie and William Whitehead. There will also be works by Standard Level students Logan Bailey, Lucy Barnes, Johanna Gross, Skyler Hawkins, Paul Hilton, Katelyn Jones, Kira Norton, Savanna Padilla. Special Event: Vernissage artists will be discussing their art and the artists who inspired them during the show. Open Ceramics lab with Jim Hannon. Live music by students in the Guitar Club.
• McKinleyville Family Resource Center, 1450 Hiller Rd. Special Event: Bring your family out to a night of art and fun with special activities. The theme for March is Yarn-tastic! Come prepared for a fun night for children of all ages.
• Blake’s Books, 2005 Central Ave. Dorothy Klein: original botanical watercolors. Open until 7 p.m. for Arts Night
• Church of the Joyful Healer, 1944 Central Ave. Carol Peters: Colorful, whimsical drawings and sketches. Special Event: Free kite making workshop for the kids!
• HumSpa, 1660 Central Ave., Suite C. Felicia Ambrosini: acrylics on canvas, tripeclectic art. Special Event: live on site massage available all evening!
• Knitter’s Lane, 1225 Central Ave., #14. Special Event: Knit Night – join our knitter’s circle. Food, fun and knitting until 10 p.m.
McKinleyville Art Night continues to be the third Friday of each month and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of our local artists. For more information, contact coordinator Taffy Stockton at (707) 834-6460.