McKinleyville Art Night will be Friday, May 17 from 6 p,.m. to 8 p.m. Join the community’s celebration of local art and artists for music, food and fun. You can find more information about the artists and venues and see additional images online at www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com.
The following is a list of the venues, artists and special events:
• Arcata-Eureka Airport. View artwork by Humboldt County artists at the long-term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association. The current exhibit features work by eight local female artists: Regina Case, Natalie Craig, Joan Gold, Linda Mitchell, Kathy O’Leary, Linda Parkinson, Lien Truong and Roberta Welty.
• Silver Lining, 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the Arcata-Eureka Airport). Musical Guest: Pat Holland, acoustic folk and bluegrass. Special Event: Good and Evil Twins was featured in “Ambigrams Revealed,” a book that includes ambigram artists from all over the world. The books will be for sale for 25 percent off, and there is also a special sale – $10 for Good & Evil Twin T Shirts. Special Event: Arts Night After Party from 8-10 p.m.
• McKinleyville High School, 1300 Murray Rd. in the Multipurpose Room. Advanced Theater Workshop troupe: Spring Variety Show (one acts, comedy, music) at MHS Multipurpose Room. $5/7 per person. Special Event: Free Green Show (face painting, music, dance) from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Variety Show from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Umpqua Bank, 2095 Central Ave.. Morris Elementary Art Students: Inner Visions of Local Youth. Special Event: View work by students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade at Morris Elementary School. Teacher Sasha Lyth worked with students to explore themes of personal significance while being encouraged to take creative risks. They will be serving juice, cookies and Umpqua coffee.
• McKinleyville Family Resource Center, 1450 Hiller Rd. Special Event: Bring your family out to a night of art and fun with special activities. The theme for May is Rocks and More Rocks! Come prepared for a fun night for children of all ages.
• Blake’s Books, 2005 Central Ave. Anastasia Zielinski: mixed media. Special Event: Anastasia will be demonstrating her collage techniques all evening.
Edward Jones, 1973 Central Ave. Local Artists Susan Fox and Shawn Gould will be at Edward Jones on Central Ave. for Art Night showing original paintings. Refreshments will be available.
• Church of the Joyful Healer, 1944 Central Ave. Lauresa Tomlinson: mixed media. Musical Guest: Larry Tomlinson, classical piano
• Mirador Glass, Miller Business Park. Arcata Bottom 4H Members: Photography
McKinleyville Art Night continues to be the third Friday of each month and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of our local artists. For more information, contact coordinator Taffy Stockton at (707) 834-6460.