McKinleyville Art Night will be Friday, Aug. 16 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Join the community’s celebration of local art and artists for music, food and fun. You can find more information about the artists and venues and see additional images online at www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com.
Below is a list of the venues, artists and special events.
• California Redwood Coast – Humboldt County Airport in McKinleyville. View artwork by Humboldt County artists at the long term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association. Featuring works by Robert Benson, Floyd Bettiga, Thomas Klapproth, Jim McVicker, William Pierson, Laura Rose, Stock Schlueter and Stilson Snow.
• Silver Lining, 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the California Redwood Coast – Humboldt County Airport in McKinleyville). Musical Guest: JD Jeffries, live music from 8-10 p.m.
• McKinleyville Family Resource Center, 1450 Hiller Rd. Special Event: Bring your family out to a night of art and fun with special activities from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The theme for August is “Safari Adventures!” Come prepared for a fun night for children of all ages.
• Blake’s Books, 2005 Central Ave. Kathryn Stotler: mixed media
• Church of the Joyful Healer, 1944 Central Ave. Jeff Stanley: paintings
• HumSpa, 1660 Central Ave., Ste. C Haley Hicks: Nature, local historical and underwater photos
McKinleyville Art Night continues to be the third Friday of each month and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of our local artists. For more information, contact coordinator Taffy Stockton at (707) 834-6460.