McKinleyville Art Night will be held Friday, June 21, from 6 p.m. to to 8:00 p.m. Join the community’s celebration of local art and artists for music, food and fun. You can find more information about the artists and venues and see additional images online at www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com.
Below is a list of venues, artists and special events:
• Arcata-Eureka Airport – View artwork by Humboldt County artists at the long term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association. It is the last day of the exhibit featuring work by eight local female artists.
• Silver Lining, 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the Arcata-Eureka Airport) –: scarves in an array of colors and styles;
Musical Guest: JD Jeffries, guitarist, singer and songwriter; Special Event: Arts Night After Party from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• McKinleyville Family Resource Center, 1450 Hiller Rd. – Special Event: Bring your family out to a night of art and fun with special activities. The theme for June is The Great Outdoors! Come prepared for a fun night for children of all ages.
• Blake’s Books, 2005 Central Ave. Special Event: Book signing by Stephen Sotttong, in recognition of being Eureka’s newest internationally acclaimed writer published in L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 29.
• Church of the Joyful Healer, 1944 Central Ave. – Local children: mixed media artwork. Other artists TBA
• HumSpa, 1660 Central Ave., Ste. C. Haley Hicks: Nature, local historical and underwater photos
McKinleyville Art Night continues to be the third Friday of each month and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of our local artists. For more information, contact coordinator Taffy Stockton at (707) 834-6460.