McKinleyville Art Night will be Friday, Feb. 15, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.. Join the community’s celebration of local art and artists for music, food and fun. You can find more information about the artists and venues and see additional images online at www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com. Below are the venues, artists and special events:
• Arcata-Eureka Airport – View artwork by Humboldt County artists at the long-term exhibit coordinated by the Redwood Art Association. The current exhibit features work by eight local female artists: Regina Case, Natalie Craig, Joan Gold, Linda Mitchell, Kathy O’Leary, Linda Parkinson, Lien Truong and Roberta Welty.
• Silver Lining, 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the Arcata-Eureka Airport). Beth Kabat, Thimbleberry Threads: handprinted textiles. Musical Guest: Joey Blaine, acoustic folk, from 7-9 pm
• McKinleyville High School, 1300 Murray Rd. in the Multipurpose Room. Kayla Templeton: mosaics and stained glass. Lindsey Templeton: pencil drawings. Special event: Family art night in the ceramics lab hosted by Jim Hannon, with materials provided!
• McKinleyville Family Resource Center, 1450 Hiller Rd. Special Event: Bring your family out to a night of art and fun with special activities. The theme for February is hats, hats, hats. Come prepared for a fun night for children of all ages.
• Blake’s Books, 2005 Central Ave. Dorothy Klein: original botanical watercolors. Open until 7 pm for Arts Night
• Church of the Joyful Healer, 1944 Central Ave. Paula Herr and Laura Hennings: stained glass. There will also be “stained glass” paper art by kids! Musical Guests: Joanne Rand, singer/songwriter on guitar and vocal, accompanied by Robert Franklin on guitar and Tim Randles on piano.
This show is free to the public.
• HumSpa, 1660 Central Ave., Suite C. Special Event: chair massage and sound healing available all evening!
• Knitter’s Lane, 1225 Central Ave., #14. Janice Diller: handmade cards for all occasions. Special Event: Knit Night – join our knitter’s circle. Food, fun and knitting until 10 p.m.
McKinleyville Art Night continues to be the third Friday of each month and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of our local artists. For more information, contact coordinator Taffy Stockton at (707) 834-6460.