From the 1.16.13 edition
McKinleyville Art Night will be Friday, Jan. 18, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Join the community’s celebration of local art and artists for music, food and fun. You can find more information about the artists and venues and see additional images online at www.mckinleyvilleartsnight.com. Below are the venues, artists and special events:
• Arcata-Eureka Airport – View artwork by Humboldt County artists, coordinated by the Redwood Art Association and sponsored by the Headwaters Fund at the long term exhibit.
• Silver Lining, 3561 Boeing Ave., #D (at the Arcata-Eureka Airport) – Macinda: Pearl Jewelry and Chair Massage. Musical Guest: Hot Wings
• McKinleyville High School, 1300 Murray Rd. in the Multipurpose Room IB – Seniors: multimedia. Special Event: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. tribute works! There will also be an open art and ceramics lab. Below are some example from the MHS show:
• Country Chic Boutique, McKinleyville Shopping Center – Chanda Vukonich: local nature photography. Special Event: Special one night sale – 10% off of everything in the store! Here is one of Vukonich’s photos:
• McKinleyville Family Resource Center, 1450 Hiller Rd. – Special Event: Bring your family out to a night of art and fun with special activities for children of all ages!
• Blake’s Books, 2005 Central Ave. – Dorothy Klein: original botanical watercolors. Special Event: Will be selling posters made from two of the paintings Flowers of the Redwood Forest and Flowers of the Sierras. Below is one of Klein’s paintings:
• Church of the Joyful Healer, 1944 Central Ave. – Pamela Hinrichs: Spiritual Eye Photography
• HumSpa, 1660 Central Ave., Suite C – New Location! Edward Olson: Fashion photography
• Knitter’s Lane, 1225 Central Ave., #14 – Special Event: Knit Night – join our knitter’s circle. Food, fun and knitting until 10 p.m.
McKinleyville Art Night continues to be the third Friday of each month and is open for all McKinleyville businesses to display the work of our local artists. For more information, contact coordinator Taffy Stockton at (707) 834-6460.